Emergency Medical Technician Course Information
September 10, 2019 – November 19, 2019 (Traditional Classroom Course):
Tuesdays and Thursdays 9am – 6pm
September 2019 EMT.pdf
The MedStar Training Academy is no longer accepting applications for the September 2019 EMT course. Please check back for our future offerings.
Application deadline is July 29th, 2019.
Notice of conditional acceptance to the course will be received by student on or before July 31st, 2019.
MedStar Mobile Healthcare and the MedStar Mobile Healthcare EMS Education Program offer Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification programs. These courses are designed to train an individual to function independently in a medical emergency. These courses provide the knowledge and skills needed to deliver Basic Life Support (BLS) care and is required to progress to more advanced levels of pre-hospital patient care. The course requires classroom attendance, skills instruction, and Clinical/Field rotations (in the hospital and on the ambulance – scheduled outside of normal class times). Texas EMT certification requires successful completion of a standardized cognitive and psychomotor skills examination, in addition to passing the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians certification exam.
- Must be 18 years old.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Successful completion of a background investigation to determine suitability for certification and a negative drug screening.
- Student MUST HAVE A CLEAR CRIMINAL BACKGROUND.
- Successful completion of an entry level examination measuring the areas of reading, writing and mathematics. (Unless applicant has military background or can provide college transcripts).
- Proof of immunizations for:
- Tdap Booster (one dose as an adult) within the last 10 years.
- MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) immunization documentation of 2 doses or positive titers.
- Varicella (Chicken Pox) vaccine or proof of titer
- Hepatitis B immunization (3-shot series) or positive titer
- negative TB skin test or chest x-ray within 1 year.
- Students will need proof of current health insurance
- Note: Titers showing positive immunity to the diseases will be acceptable.
- Tuition: $1300.00 (includes: textbook, online lab access, online learning resources, malpractice insurance, and uniform shirt)
- If selected for the program, $450.00 due by 8/28/19 to hold your seat. Payment plans are accepted (2nd pmt of $450 by 09/27/19 and 3rd pmt of $400 by 10/18/2019). FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE on Day 1 of class.
- Textbook: Textbook, online resources, and online lab are included in tuition and will be provided at the mandatory orientation session.
- Student will be responsible to pay any testing fees assessed by the State of Texas and/or the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians at the conclusion of the course.
- Student is responsible for the cost of the background investigation and drug screening (conducted through a MedStar contracted service.
FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE after the first class day.
Student will be responsible to pay any testing fees assessed by the State of Texas and/or the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians at the conclusion of the course.
Student is responsible for the cost of the background investigation and drug screening (conducted through a MedStar contracted service approx. $88 for both)
This class is designed for individuals that are (or have): mature adults, self-motivated, have strong time mgmt. skills, strong reading and comprehension skills, and are proficient with computers.
CLASSES WILL BE HELD on location at MTAC located at 2900 Alta Mere Dr., Fort Worth, TX, 76116. Homework assignments will be completed online.
For more info, please submit a contact form and choose “EMS Education Classes” as the “Topic” dropdown here
Future Course Dates: TBD